2 glasses of milk (around 1/2 l)
The skin of a small lemon
2 cinnamon sticks
6 medium eggs
6-7 tbs of white granulated sugar
For the caramel: sugar (enough to cover the bottom of the mold up to 1/2cm deep) & water
1 large flan mold or large nonstick loaf pan or 5-6 individual molds or ramekins
1. Simmer the milk with the lemon skin and the cinnamon sticks. Turn the stove off when boiling, remove the lemon and the cinnamon and add the sugar and let it cool down for half an hour.
2. Melt the sugar in the molds soaking it with a little bit of water and heat it until it becomes brown. Let it cool down until it becomes hard.
3. Heat the oven at maximum temperature.
4. Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl using the blender and slowly add the milk without stop mixing.
5. Pour the mixture into the molds, seal the molds with aluminium foil, and cook them in a bain-marie in the oven (reduce temperature to 250ºF - it is important that the flan mixture doesn’t boil) for 1 hour.
6. After one hour remove them from the oven and cool them down until room temperature. Keep them in the fridge and serve them cold with whipped cream.